St Anselm’s takes its responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of children very seriously. The following designations, procedures and practices are in place to safeguard our children:
- All staff, governors and regular volunteers are DBS checked.
- The school has policies for Safeguarding and Child Protection, Safer Recruitment, Behaviour, Anti-Bullying and keeps an up to date Single Central Record of all staff, governors and volunteers.
- The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at St Anselm’s is Maria O’Connell, Deputy Headteacher.
- The Deputy DSL’s are Anne Monahan, Headteacher and Irene Marotta, Assistant Headteacher.
- The Designated Governor for safeguarding is Ailish Healy, Chair of Governors.
- The Deputy Designated Governor for safeguarding is Leanne O’Brien, Chair of the Governor Pupil Committee.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0208 422 1600
All staff receive annual Child Protection Training.
All staff are trained to listen to pupils, encourage them to TELL when they are upset by others. The staff get to know the children as individuals so that changes in their behaviour or attitude are observed and noted.
All staff are trained to form positive professional relationships with parents to ensure effective communication and partnership between home and school.
Children are taught to use the Internet safely.
Risk assessments of school activities, events and trips are kept up to date and reviewed.
The school building and site are maintained and evaluated to ensure they meet health and safety requirements and keep our children, staff and visitors safe. The School Business Manager, Head Teacher and caretaker have oversight of the building, check for and rectify any problems daily. The Governors conduct a termly health and safety inspection to assess the site and building and to support the SLT in planning for school improvement and to ensure any hazards are avoided/removed.