Physical Education (2023-24)
St Anselm’s Catholic Primary School aims to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. At the school, we offer pupils the opportunity to compete in sports and other activities, in order to help build character and reinforce values such as fairness and respect.
PE lessons are taught with the following aims in mind:
- PE is not for some, it’s for everyone.
- Meet the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Encourage physical activity and exercise.
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Build self-esteem, confidence and resilience.
- Pedagogical adaptations that are made for pupils with Special Educational Needs to access and achieve are specific to the needs of the pupil.
- Develop pupils’ academic, social and physical ability.
- Encourage good behaviour and respect amongst pupils.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation amongst pupils.